In partnership with The Nonprofit Alliance, the Australian Leadership Index is launching an eye-opening new report LEADERSHIP IN THE CHARITY SECTOR on the public perception of the drivers of leadership – integrity, competence and contribution – in the charity sector.
Widely perceived as showing exemplary leadership for the greater good, it is both pleasing and unsurprising that Charities perform strongly, overall, on all drivers of leadership.
However, charities perform significantly below the national standard in terms of public perceptions in areas such as technological leadership and innovation. This finding – and others – present an important opportunity for development in 2023.
Join Report co-author Associate Professor Samuel Wilson for an insightful 60-minute session which will outline:
- The aims of the Australian Leadership Index and the specific purpose of this charity sector report
- Offer fresh, practical insights into public perceptions of charity leadership and how they compare to other sectors
- Identify development areas for charity leaders to enhance stakeholder perceptions
A session not to be missed highlighting what for-purpose leaders can focus on to rise to the challenges of building and sustaining vibrant, effective organisations – that deliver to stakeholder expectations – in 2023.
The Australian Leadership Index is the largest ever study of leadership for the greater good in Australia. It was created to improve leadership by tracking how Australians view leaders and reporting the results publicly.
The Australia Leadership Index tracks public perceptions of leadership by twenty-five institutions across the government, public, private, and not-for-profit sectors. All results and reports are freely available.
Samuel is a social psychologist whose research focuses on leadership for the common good, the social psychology of creativity and innovation, and public interest technology. He is co-founder of the Australian Leadership Index, co-lead of the Public Interest Technology research program of the Swinburne’s Social Innovation Research Institute, and co-convenor of the Technology x Society Forum, a joint initiative of Swinburne and La Trobe University.
- Date: Thursday 2nd February 2023
- Time: 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Location: Christies Conference Space, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney|or via Zoom
- FREE for NPA members (NPA Leadership HUB; Coaching; Associate Members only)
- $49 for Guests/ Non-members
- REGISTER/ purchase your tickets below. We look forward to you joining us.
FIND OUT MORE about The NonProfit Alliance leadership programs. Book a chat with Carmel or visit our website for further information.