We have a sector who needs to be heard and a new Acting Commissioner who wants to listen!
As the ACNC enters a new chapter and realm of leadership, Deborah Jenkins and David Crosbie will take to the couch to discuss the relationship between the not for profit sector and it’s national regulator.
The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) was established with three clear objects to achieve:
- Maintain, protect and enhance public trust and confidence in the Australian not-for-profit sector
- Support and sustain a robust, vibrant, independent and innovative not-for-profit sector
- Promote the reduction of unnecessary regulatory obligations on the sector
There are many pertinent questions to be asked on how this will be achieved, and David Crosbie will seek to understand how the ACNC will measure its success and build a culture of collaboration and trust with the sector.
And the Acting Commissioner will clarify the role of the ACNC as a regulator – with one of her key priorities to do their core business of regulation brilliantly – whilst proactively engaging with the sector and listening to feedback.
Expect an open and engaging dialogue – where the two guests on the couch will tackle the tricky issues and the world of opportunity:
- What areas have been the cause of past confusion and frustration?
- What do they both see as the key areas needing support in the future?
- How do they define advocacy and what role does it play?
- Red tape reduction – will it be achieved?
- How is the ACNC giving back to the sector?
We will allow ample time for audience questions, before networking, canapes & drinks. This is a hybrid event and onsite guest numbers are strictly limited.
Special thanks to our Host HLB Mann Judd for hosting this event, which will be one of the highlight events of the year!
Deborah Jenkins| Acting Commissioner ACNC
Deborah Jenkins took up the role of Acting Commissioner on 1 August 2022. With a background in finance and economics, Deborah was most recently the Deputy Commissioner, Small Business at the Australian Taxation Office. An experienced regulator, she brings a passion for developing strong stakeholder relationships to work collaboratively to achieve outcomes, as well as wealth of experience delivering quality client experience
David Crosbie | CEO Community Council Australia
David Crosbie is CEO of the Community Council for Australia. He has spent more than 20 years as CEO of significant charities including over ten years in his current role at CCA, four years as CEO of the Mental Health Council of Australia, seven years as CEO of the Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia, and seven years as CEO of Odyssey House Victoria.
- Date: Thursday 13th October 2022
- Time: 3:30pm – 6:30pm
- Location: HLB Mann, Level 19, Kent Street, Sydney | or via Zoom
- FREE for NPA members (NPA Leadership HUB; Coaching; Associate Members only) and ENFP Members
- $89 for Guests- ‘On the Couch’ + Drinks & Canapes
- $49 for Guests- ‘On the Couch’ Zoom
- REGISTER/ purchase your tickets below. We look forward to you joining us.
FIND OUT MORE about The NonProfit Alliance leadership programs. Book a chat with Carmel or visit our website for further information.