A 2-part Masterclass designed for For Purpose Leaders and their Chairs/Boards:
- RoundTable discussion on the CEO-Chair relationship and its impact on organisational culture and success with the Chairs of the NonProfit Alliance;
- Interactive Masterclass hosted by Ashton Bishop who will guide us through a 5-Step LOCKSTEP model for achieving alignment on the key aspects of your business, that can guide you successfully through change.
You can find out more about these Masterclass sessions and our special guests below.
SESSION OVERVIEW 1: RoundTable – The CEO-Chair Relationship.
As the not for profit sector strives for balance between managing constant business disruptions and building sustainable future-focussed organisations, we have been challenged in ways that none of us could have imagined. Strategic priorities have been re-assessed, and the leadership strength and dynamic of the CEO-Chair relationship has been tested.
What happens when multiple variables come into play? How do you maintain a balanced and supportive CEO-Chair relationship that will positively impact on the wellbeing and mental health of your leaders; and the overall sustainability and cohesion of your organisation and its people?
- How the fundamentals of the CEO-Chair relationship have been challenged during Covid.
- Whether the need to build more sustainable, future-focussed organisations warrants a more hands on approach by our Chairs and Boards?
- What key pressure points have emerged for the CEO-Chairs relationship during crisis?
- Who best decides if the existing strategy; business models; and people practices will allow your organisation to thrive in an uncertain future?
- How can CEOs and Chairs set themselves up for leadership success, despite uncertainty?
YOUR ROUNDTABLE GUESTS: For the past 7-years, the NPA Chair team have facilitated groups of NFP CEOs and C-Suite Executives, from diverse organisations across the sector, as they raise the issues and opportunities impacting on their leadership and their organisations.
SESSION OVERVIEW 2: Interactive Workshop – MOVING IN LOCKSTEP with Ashton Bishop
Success is an outcome of multiple factors coming together in harmony. How do Leaders figure out which combination of levers to pull to have their team on the same page, get everything moving in lockstep, and deliver on organisational growth. In this session Ashton will share how to create an intentional roadmap to success for your organization.
These are the 5 components of Ashton’s approach – called the ‘Lockstep Baseline’ that will help deliver the road map for change:
- THE BIG PICTURE: Your Purpose Understand what winning looks like and why people would choose to be on your team. Let your purpose be the critical enabler for your team to truly perform and stay the course.
- STRATEGIC CLARITY: Don’t fall into the trap of deploying a previously successful strategy to a changed context. Gaining clarity is all about conquering competitive spaces with the resources you have available to you.
- CRAFTING YOUR VALUE PROPOSITION: To get people’s buy-in, it is crucial that you land an emotional win first, followed by persuading them to believe in the good you can offer. Give your supporters an emotional and rational reason to give – based on the values you represent.
- SUPERCHARGING YOUR MARKETING & STAKEHOLDER/DONOR RELATIONSHIPS: Organisations need to continually build and expand their networks and discover new opportunities; and insights on what the community needs. There are essential marketing foundations, that will help you create a flywheel that generates qualified leads to grow your business.
- GETTING THINGS DONE: There is a tension between making results today and building for tomorrow. A great strategy for navigating these tensions maintains focus on today whilst setting your team up to win the long game tomorrow.
PRE-WORKSHOP: 3 valuable minutes of your time to complete a LOCKSTEP BASELINE. This valuable tool helps organisations set their intention, by identifying what elements need to align and appear on their success roadmap. The tool analyses your organisational health across five (5) core elements, to help you move beyond where you are and focus on getting where you want to be.
Ashton is a business owner and serial entrepreneur, always challenging, often controversial, and always focused on what gets results. Ashton works with some of Australia’s largest brands on a daily basis. He believes that with things changing so quickly the only way to constantly provide value to audiences is to be a part of the madness. He specialises in growing businesses through Predatory Marketing — pinpointing how brands can be more sustainable by outsmarting their competitors.
Carmel is a CEO; Board Director and Advisor; and Social Entrepreneur with experience across the NFP, Social Enterprise and corporate sectors. Her NFP career includes CEO and C-Suite roles including World Animal Protection, Australia for UNHCR, Camp Quality; Starlight Children’s Foundation; and Kids Helpline. Carmel believes that leaders who harness the collective wisdom and experience of other leaders, in times of uncertainty, will be the successful and influencial leaders of the future.
Mark has over 30 years of organisational leadership and Board experience including roles of Director, Managing Director/CEO and Company Secretary in Commercial, Not-for-Profit and International Business Councils. Mark is passionate about values-based leadership in creating culture and strategy for sustainable outcomes in challenging environments.
Leanne is an experienced Chair, leader, facilitator and coach who is passionate about developing people and organisations. Leanne has founded and led some of Australia’s leading charities, non-profit networks and leadership forums and held positions as CEO/GM at Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation; Cure Cancer Australia; and Camp Quality. She is a business leader who has implemented organisational change and transformation across corporate and for purpose sectors.
Gavin is an experienced consultant and social researcher who has helped many teams develop strategic approaches to marketing communications, innovation and consumer-led culture change. As a specialist in Branding, consumer insight and Innovation strategy; his advice is based on a deep understanding of consumer insights generated from multiple market research projects. During a diverse career, Gavin worked in various Marketing and Communications roles in the UK and Australian not-for-profit sectors.
- Date: Thursday 7th April 2022
- Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm (4hrs)
- Location: Christies Spaces – 100 Walker St. North Sydney (+ Zoom)
- FREE for NPA members (NPA HUB; Coaching; Associate Members only)
- $79 for online attendance, or
- FREE for NPA members (NPA HUB; NPA Coaching only)
- $129.00 for Non-Members
Register your attendance and purchase tickets below. We look forward to you joining us.
Resource for this event: