Everybody has a story.. a reason for being. Why they choose a particular path in life. Why they do what they do.
- What’s your story? Do you value such things as community participation, inclusion and social justice? Why is that? What drew you to be part of the for purpose sector? What gives your life joy and purpose?
- What purpose drives your team members? Why do they choose to be part of your organisation? When was the last time you asked them? What’s their story?
True purpose can guide our decisions. It can influence our behavior; provide a sense of direction; and create meaning in life. On a daily basis, purpose can help us prioritize goals to make room for what really matters most to us.
In this session, participants will:
- explore the theme of PURPOSE as it drives our life choices and determines our life paths; how it influences us (and ultimately others) and the way we lead our organisations.
- be guided through a series of interactive activities to explore our own life journey and how significant events and people of influence have shaped who we are today.
- be empowered to better connect our teams with purpose, through heightened awareness and practical tools for the workplace.
PART 1: THE IKIGAI MODEL OF PURPOSE
We will explore the concept of cultivating our inner potential using the Ikigai Model. A combination of the Japanese words “iki” (生き), which translates to “life,” and “gai” (甲斐), which is used to describe value or worth, ikigai is all about finding joy in life through purpose. In other words, your ikigai can give your life meaning and fulfillment.
PART 2: 6-IMAGES | 6-MOMENTS THAT HELPED ME TO FIND MY PURPOSE
Using case studies and ‘live’ examples we will explore the 6-Images 6-Moments creative imagery and storytelling methodology, where participants identify the life defining moments and the underlying purpose that drives us to be who, and where, we are today. 6-IMAGES | 6-MOMENTS is best described as a cross between TEDx and PechaKucha*
The session is designed to connect leaders with their purpose – leaving them feeling inspired and energised; listened to and valued as unique individual members of the Sector; and empowered to know how to connect their teams with their purpose.
PRE-WORK REQUIRED: YOU WILL RECEIVE A REQUEST FROM NPA
There will be some minimal, but enjoyable, work required before the day of the workshop!
- Date: Thursday 4th August 2022
- Time: 1:00pm LUNCH | 2.00-4.00PM PURPOSE WORKSHOP
- Location: Christies Spaces – 100 Walker St. North Sydney
- FREE for NPA members (NPA HUB; Coaching; Associate Members only)
- $89 for Guests/ Non-members – includes networking lunch.
- REGISTER/ purchase your tickets below. We look forward to you joining us.
This event is presented by the For Purpose Alliance in partnership with The NonProfit Alliance.
Bookings: GET YOUR TICKETS
FIND OUT MORE about The NonProfit Alliance leadership programs. Book a chat with Carmel or visit our website for further information.